Good morning families! I hope you've had a chance to enjoy this awesome weather we have been having. I am loving it! It's nice to get the kids outside for recess. I have a few announcements and some information I'd like to share.
- The book fair will be next week. Tomorrow we have a preview day, and the kids can write down books that they would like to purchase. Then next Tuesday we will visit the book fair to purchase books. This year the book fair has an online portion that is currently open to buy books. There is also a feature similar to Apple Pay that allow you to add money to the kid's account and they can purchase items from the book fair using a virtual wallet. There is more information in the flyer that is attached.
- The librarian is looking for volunteers to help run the book fair next week. If you can help, please sign up using this link: https://signup.com/go/riiGEki
- Fun Friday is April 12th. A flyer went home with the kids this week. Please remember to return the permission slip as soon as possible, so the PFO can order pizza for the kids.
- Culver Night is on Tuesday, April 16th at E. 96th Street from 5:00-8:00pm. Please join us for some great food and fun. I will be there with my family.
- iLearn is coming up at the beginning of May. It is very important that all the kids are here everyday. We will be completing some practice items to prepare the kids for the format of the test. Breakfast is key to helping the kids to be ready to learn first thing in the morning. This test is very different from the ISTEP tests they have taken in the past. If you would like more information about the new iLearn test, please follow this link: https://www.doe.in.gov/assessment/ilearn-families
I think that is all the information that I have. Please keep encouraging your kids to have a positive attitude, and to never stop trying to understand what they are learning.